Places of Worship and the Rapture

I feel the need to give my two cents on this upcoming Rapture. And how better than by using pictures of a place of worship.
I do not have a fancy picture taking device but I have a multiple mega pixel camera on my phone that allows me to make pictures on the go. I can send them as text messages right away so people everywhere can share my experience
Lots of people are making fun of the rapture on facebook and saying "Haha, give me your stuff" and other similar sentences. Some are even trying to make money off of it by offering petsitting services to those caught in the rapture, leaving behind special animals. I think we need to look at things in a different light. We need to prepare for both senarios. If the rapture happens, then we need to be there to help support society as many of the righteous are taken up and those who feel jilted lash out at God for not deeming them righteous enough. Those folks may become extremely dangerous to themselves and others. I am just being realistic. I suggest you find those that are preparing for the big event and do not seem quite ready. Keep an eye on them. Invite them to a BBQ at night, in able to help them unwind from the possible disappointment. Think about it, when you are wrong you do not like it rubbed in your face but would appreciate a burger or something, right?




If it does not happen, we need basically the same plan. Those folks will probably be bummed that they have to return to their less than celestial life and may even begin a faith crisis. As fellow human beings, we need to look out for one another. Let's face it, whether or not you belong to the same faith, subscribe to the same scripture, we are all people. We should all relate to one another in triumph and sorrow. I believe that "no man knoweth the day, nor the hour..." but, I also believe that "insomuch as ye do these things unto the least of my brethren, even you have done them unto me."


No comments:

Post a Comment